Friday, July 18, 2014

July 18th- The Miracle of Makeup

July 18, 2014

Today was a really great day. You know what baffles me about life? Makeup. Once a week I wear makeup and doll myself up. I call friday my pretty day. It never ceases to amaze me. Without fail, I will get compliments about how I look so good, but only on Fridays. During the week, I don't wear makeup and I never do my hair. Which is why I don't get compliments until Friday.

I used to take offense to this. To think that I wasn't naturally beautiful. I had to use makeup to make everyone else think I was pretty and to in turn convince myself of that same notion. Yet, somehow today I wasn't offended. I was so flattered. For the first time in forever, I felt comfortable in my own skin. I was grateful that someone would compliment me. It was a big confidence booster. What a miracle!


www.placeboeffect.com.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment